The gist: build an app that allows studios to admins to add upcoming events that the public can register to attend.
Whenever I register for yoga classes, I have to sign into a portal that lists all of the available classes and the ones I've registered for. I always think to myself that it'd make a fun, simple-ish project that could be of use. This is one of the few projects in Projectbook that's sort of business-y. The data model and needs are clear and interesting to me, though.
Okay, yeah, I'd probably call this EventBud. I'm sorry, I can't think of better names.
Here's what the UI could look like. Top row is the Admin view. Bottom is the public attendee view.
- Admins can sign up
- Admins can create upcoming events
- Public users (attendees) can register for events that haven't happened yet
- Admins can see the list of registered users
- Public registration
- Scheduling logic
- Dealing with time and timezones
- Student sign up to keep track of their events
- Allow Admins limit the number of attendees and prevent registration when limit is reached
- Accept payment when registering
- Make event details more rich with photo upload support and descriptions with a better editor (or Markdown)
- Email attendees before an event as a reminder