The gist: build a text editor that keeps track of all of your notes.
A more advanced Journal with a slightly different intention. If a journal is for keeping track of life happenings, then a notebook is for documenting things relating to specific topics—work, personal projects, etc.
- Pick a mark-up approach to use (rich text, Markdown, etc.)
- Add entries
- Specify a title for a given entry
- Add body
- View list of entries
- View entries with a specific tag
- Text editing
- Data storage
- Data modeling
- Attach files to notes
- Easily link between notes, like a wiki
- Bear for Mac and iOS
- Simple Note
- Journal — simpler version