The gist: build a digital version of Tic-Tac-Toe (a.k.a. Noughts and Crosses, Xs and Os).
Tic-Tac-Toe (TTT) a traditional paper-and-pencil game for two players. One player plays Xs, the other Os. They alternate turns placing their shape in a 3x3 grid. The first two connect three in a row in any direction wins.
The game board and assets can be as simple as four lines and the O and X graphics:
- Player chooses to be Xs or Os
- Xs goes first
- Draw the 3x3 grid
- Computer chooses an open tile at random
- Alternate turns
- Check after each play to see if there's a winner
- If no moves are available, game over
- Rendering a grid
- Basic game logic
- Simple AI
- Add support for playing with another person next to you
- Networking support for multiplayer if you want to explore that realm