The gist: build a CLI for authoring Git commits that follow the Conventional Commits spec.
If you use the Conventional Commits spec for Git commits, it'd be nice to have a command you could run for easily creating commits that follows that guide. It could be a TUI or just a CLI.
Run the command with:
That would open an interactive prompt for entering in the data.
- Command for creating a commit, command could even be called
- Have flags for or ask for:
- scope (optional)
- description — concise
- body (optional)
- footer (optional)
- If the required type and description aren't present, error
- If everything's there, create the Git commit
- Configurable, per-repo types that are allowed
- Configurable input for custom body & footer data, like maybe each commit needs an issue ID or URL
This is a great project for an easily distributable binary that can run on any platform regardless of the ecosystem and language a person or team uses. Just like Git can be installed and used for a project with any programming language, so should this tool!
- commitlint — similar tool distributed through npm